Web content writers compose content specifically for online consumption. The importance of digital media has grown exponentially with the pandemic. More and more people are working from home and the younger population are even settling for online schooling. Websites are becoming relevant source of information and as such has become a daily destination for daily activities and data searches. With the advent of flexible work arrangements or work-from-home setups, more and more opportunities for freelance writers are growing abound. Advantage for these freelance writers are degrees in journalism, English or communications. They must be familiar with web publications as well as traditional writing to avoid copyright infringements or violations to data privacy laws.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Website writer responsibilities include producing a wide variety of content for websites, from articles, news, blogs, commentaries, short ads, web collaterals, and technical documentations such as desktop procedures and digital technical manuals.They are expected to create that is appropriate and optimized for the web. They must be able to produce the following:
- Compact and precise expression of fact-filled content without being wordy
- Must contain and engaging and active tone
- Accurate judgement of headings and subheadings
- Appropriate use of bulleted listings
- Knowledge on how to embed links for appropriate credits and referencing
- Web content writers are often required to know basic design fundamentals and be familiar with digital content management systems.
- Roles and responsibilities include communicating effectively with marketing and technical teams, meeting strict deadlines, following editorial guidelines, and managing their own time.
- They must have their own tools, connectivity, computer and writing equipment to facilitate their digital work environment.
Skills and competencies required includes the following:
- Thorough knowledge of standard writing practices
- Bachelor’s degree programs in journalism, English, or other mass communication disciplines.
- Good command of grammar, editorial skills, magazines writing techniques, and work ethics
- Specialized certificates on electronic writing and digital media production focus on web content is a PLUS factor
- Salary: Negotiable
- Date: April 30, 2021
- Locations: Work From Home